A few weeks ago we spent the day in the breathtaking coastal paradise, Malibu! Join me as I soak up the sun, enjoy the crystal-clear waters, and embrace the serenity of Malibu!
We started the day early with breakfast at Paradise Cove Beach Cafe, an airy cafe with some tables on the sand. My absolute favorite breakfast food in Malibu at the best beach in the world! Crowd favorites for breakfast are the Cinnamon French Toast, Apple Pie Pancakes, BBQ Pulled Pork Benedict, and Malibu Country Breakfast. With freshly squeezed juice and break smoothies. Don’t miss it!
After breakfast, we enjoyed a peaceful walk along the beach, feeling the soft sand between our toes.
Next we grabbed a cozy spot on the sandy beach, and unfolded the beach chairs for a little relaxing in the sun.
During our beach time we took a leisurely stroll along the iconic Malibu Pier, admiring the stunning views and watching surfers catch waves.
Later, we packed up and headed over to Malibu Village. Malibu Village features a mix of local boutiques, high-end retail and restaurants located in a close-knit beachfront community.
A few of my favorite places to visit are Surfing Cowboys, a eclectic spot with vintage surfboards, apparel & midcentury furniture, and TERESSA FOGLIA, a unique shop with a modern twist on the art and design of hat making.
We topped off the day in paradise with a delicious dinner at Duke’s, a festive hangout with ocean views and Hawaiian cuisine.
I hope you enjoy the details from my day spent in Malibu. If you are planning a trip to Malibu I’ve included a handy list of the top things to do and see while there!!
Here are some top things to do in Malibu:
- Visit Zuma Beach: Zuma Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Malibu, offering wide sandy shores, excellent surf, and picturesque views. It’s a great spot for sunbathing, swimming, picnicking, and playing beach volleyball.
- Explore Malibu Pier: Take a stroll along the historic Malibu Pier, which extends into the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy panoramic views, go fishing, or grab a meal at one of the waterfront restaurants.
- Hike in Malibu Creek State Park: This scenic park features numerous hiking trails, including the famous Rock Pool trail that leads to a beautiful swimming hole. The park also offers opportunities for camping, picnicking, and wildlife spotting.
- Tour the Getty Villa: The Getty Villa is a magnificent museum dedicated to ancient art and culture. Explore the stunning architecture, gardens, and exhibits showcasing Greek, Roman, and Etruscan artifacts.
- Visit Point Dume State Beach: Point Dume offers breathtaking coastal views and is a great place for hiking, picnicking, and whale watching during migration season. You can also explore the tide pools and enjoy the beach.
- Take a Malibu Wine Safari: Experience a unique wine tasting adventure at Malibu Wine Safari, where you can explore the scenic Saddle rock Ranch on a safari-style tour while enjoying wine tastings along the way.
- Go surfing or paddleboarding: Malibu is renowned for its excellent surf breaks. If you’re into surfing or paddleboarding, you can rent equipment and catch some waves at renowned spots like Surfrider Beach or County Line Beach.
- Enjoy Malibu’s dining scene: Malibu offers a range of dining options, from upscale beachfront restaurants to casual seafood shacks. Indulge in fresh seafood, California cuisine, and ocean views while dining in this coastal paradise.
- Visit the Adamson House and Malibu Lagoon Museum: Discover the history and culture of Malibu at the Adamson House and Malibu Lagoon Museum. Tour the historic Spanish Colonial Revival-style house and learn about Malibu’s past.
- Relax at El Matador State Beach: El Matador is a picturesque beach known for its towering cliffs, rocky formations, and stunning sunsets. It’s a peaceful spot to relax, have a picnic, and explore the tide pools.
Malibu has truly stolen my heart! It captivated me from the moment I set foot on its soft, pristine sandy shores, luring me with its irresistible charm and beguiling beauty. And now, the longing to return grows stronger every passing day, as I yearn to immerse myself once more in the wonders this glorious paradise has to offer.